Monday, March 12, 2007

The Town Dog Show


I am remiss.

Puck had a public debut. And I am tardy in writing about it.

So, let's go back to February 11th. Puck made his public debut at the Second Annual Dog Show. It was much fun. And cultural, it being held at the local Cultural Center and all.

Competition was fierce. Dogs of all sizes, many breeds (and even more mixes thereof) and all kinds of skills and tricks. My neighborhood made a fine showing, though I think we should have planned better. I think there were probably 4 or 5 of us, and we were all entered in the "Most Adorable" competition. Alas, Puck didn't win Most Adorable, or any of the other shiny happy trophies. But he did have some prime spotlight time as a finalist for both "Best Tail Wag" and "Most Adorable." I know he is a dog and all. But I know he was basquing in all the potential of a trophy. In any event, he made the cover of the local newspaper.


I was so excited, I bought 5 copies of it.


And where was Clyde, you may ask? Well, let's just say that Clyde was more than happy to be the one home enjoying the peace and quiet of Puck's absence, the toy box - finally and at long last - all to himself. Not even the potential of a trophy could top that opportunity!




No comments: