Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Love is also .....

.... the man who graciously consents to walk the dogs every morning because his fiance is scared of getting any more bugbites on her face in the week leading up to Sonya'i Seattle wedding.

In my defense, these are not just your average, ordinary bug bites in surreptious places that can be hidden beneath his hooded sweatshirts. These are no-see-um bites on my face. They don't bite J., these misogynistic no-see-um gnats. But, oh!, do they like me. And though I may have been more patient (and less vain) in past starts of the no-see-um season, this season I'd like to have a little more time to celebrate the departure of my sty before my face is covered with different kinds of blotchy, red marks. And, it's not just for me, dear readers. Oh no. It's not just for my vanity. It's for a bigger, better cause. It's for a friend. It's for Sonya and Sonya's very special day with a man I am so pleased she is marrying. I'm a bridesmaid, you see. I have a duty to preserve my complexion. Don't I? I'm sure I do. And I take my duties seriously. I want to be a good bridesmaid. I'm being vain, maybe - but....it's for Sonya! I'm just trying to be a good friend and a considerate bridesmaid for Sonya and Rodrigo.

Yes - love is the man who knows that the friends of a fiance is part of the family they will form together, and graciously agrees to be the exclusive dogwalker for the 10 days before such a friend's wedding so that her Alaskan bridesmaid won't be a ravishing patchwork of bugbites.

What do you think about this excuse for not walking dogs in the 10 days leading up to Sonya's Seattle wedding?

Puck had the same reaction.......



1 comment:

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Sounds like the berry bugs we had in Scotland. A total, mortifying nightmare every summer. Hold your ground on the dog walking. You've been through enough already ; )